At KardioKids we teach the basic skills of running, jumping and a combination of ball skills (throwing, catching, bouncing, rolling and kicking) to pre-school and primary school aged children, Walking-11 years of age.
In accordance with government guidelines for Early Years and Key Stages 1 & 2 we teach the ABC of Movement (Agility, Balance, Co-ordination) alongside Flexibility and Speed.
We are disability inclusive and where possible will include Brain Gym exercises as well as exercises for those with hypermobility.
At KardioKids, we believe that the repetition of a movement reinforces the skill and this plays a large part in the improvement of the skill, that is, the more you practice correctly from an early age, the better you will be.
Our aim is to develop not only the physical fitness of young children but also their Cognitive, Social, Emotional and Educational growth. This will not only stand them in good stead for school but for life in general.
In a world where obesity in children is rapidly becoming a major issue, with modern technology taking over from pure exercise and the labelling of children not being ‘FIT’ enough for school, being a member of the KardioKids Gang will be a ‘cool’ positive entity, something children will want to aspire to.
Why exercise matters
- Can your child run without getting tired?
- How well can your child throw and catch a ball?
- Does your child frequently play with a ball?
- Does your child actually have a ball to play with?
- How often do you throw and catch a ball with your child?
- Does your child enjoy PE at school?
Think about these questions ….if your answers tend towards the negative then KardioKids is where your child needs to be.
Not everyone is a natural athlete but ALL children can improve their fitness, hand-eye coordination and confidence by working on their basic skills.
At KardioKids we aim to get your child Fit for School. We want them to look forward to their PE lessons, try new skills, improve their fitness, make friends and ultimately have fun at the same time.
We encourage independence in the first instance and would prefer that you leave your child with us in the main hall and observe from outside however especially with younger children we completely understand that this is not always a possibility and welcome you to sit in the hall whilst we teach your child. This is because when developing ball skills especially and hence hand-eye coordination we need your child, to focus on the task in hand and the object being used rather than looking around at you as the parent, as tempting as that may be.
Inn on The Park
St. Michael’s Street
St Albans AL3 4SN
SIGN UP FOR THE AUTUMN TERM NOW!
Tuesday 10th September, 2019 – Tuesday 10th December, 2019
(Please note there will be no classes on Tuesday 23rd October)
NEW TIME: 10.00 – 10.45
For children aged 2 -4 years
Price: £6 per session paid termly
Classes take place at:
- Inn on The Park, St Albans
If you need to get hold of us:
Call us: 07787 545826
E-mail us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Inn on the Park. St Albans
Send us a quick message using the form below:
Meet the team
Sport has always been a major part of our lives. We believe there is no such word as ‘can’t’ because everyone ‘can’… provided they are taught correctly and are prepared to put the effort in. A child needs to believe that they can achieve, no matter how hard the task may be.
BH (Hons), PGCE
- PE teacher, Stormont School, Potters Bar 2008-2016
- Athlete, Athletics Coach, Athlefit Coach,
- UK National Indoor Champion V40 400m 2005
- 3rd European Masters Athletics Champs V40 400m 2005
- 7th World Indoors Masters Final V40 400m 2007
- 4th Maccabiah Games Final 800m 1981
- 7th English Schools Track & Field Champs Final 400m 1980
- Team Manager ,Shaftesbury-Barnet Harriers
UK No1 V55 300m Indoor 2019
Sports Studies Student
- Sport Studies & Education Student, St Mary’s University
- Level 2 Hockey Coach
- Level 1 Hockey Umpire
- Level 1 Gymnastics Coach
- English Schools XC Finalist 2014 & 2015
- Competed at County Level in Athletics, XC, Swimming, Gymnastics, Hockey
- Member of Shaftesbury-Barnet Harriers & Teddington Hockey Club
BSc (Hons), RGN
- Registered General Nurse
- Athlete, Athletics Coach
- Les Mills RPM Instructor, International Programme Instructor
- Level 2 CYQ Fitness Instructor
- YMCA Keiser Cycle Instructor
- Team Manager, Shaftesbury-Barnet Harriers